Sunday, September 12, 2010

James: The Triathlete

I should have posted this back in April, so that shows how behind I am. I just couldn't let this event go undocumented.

James did his first Sprint Triathlon on April 24, 2010. I am so proud of him! He had so much fun doing it that Triathlons may very well become his addiction. I trained hard with James for about 5 months, but pulled a muscle in my lower back just 4 days before the event. I was so disappointed. The only good thing about not doing the triathlon was that I got to cheer my guy on. Number 298- In my opinion the hottest guy in the event
Getting into the water- it was freezing outside! I was complaining and I was fully clothed.
Nice stroke...

Transition area for the bike- if he had been more efficient a this he probably could have cut another 2 minutes off his overall time.
Finish Line! There was an amazing atmosphere at the Olympic Oval in Kearns, UT.
He was so pumped up at the finish line that I think he could have done the whole thing again without a problem. I was his water girl :)
James finished 5th out of 14 in his age group with a time of 1:25:37. He is amazing!

I can't wait until we get to do a triathlon together. Fingers crossed that the Summit Athletic Club Triathlon on October 16th pans out!

No comments:

Post a Comment