Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Mary Berry


I meant to post this on Friday, but I got side tracked.

I thought one of my best friends in the whole world deserved a post of her own for her birthday. I met Mary Elizabeth Wright Brearton in a fitness for life class my freshman year of college. It was the luckiest tardy I ever had because I ended up sitting next to the best girl in the class. We quickly became "best friends" even though some people said you can't be "best friends" with someone you haven't known that long.

Mary is one of the coolest, funniest, best girls I've ever known. She is talented in so many ways including writing letters, obsessive photography, being the life of any party, 80's music trivia, hiking, biking to work, she has mastered the art of "roughing it with style", making everyone feel special, dressing up in costumes, journal writing, and being an amazing friend.

The best thing about Mary is that no matter how long we are apart, when we finally get together again it is like no time has passed at all. Mary was the most consistent writer while I was on my mission and I'm pretty sure she got to know my companions better than I did! She has been like a sister to me for the past 7 years. We've seen each other through break ups, family troubles, birthdays, holidays, moves, missions, weddings and anniversaries. I can't wait to be there for the next 50 years! I love you Mare Bear!

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Mary(I had to narrow it down from about 1,000):
Mary and I at my wedding. Her husband, Klint, was doing our wedding video (which was amazing...) so I didn't get to spend as much time with her as I would have liked, but I was so happy she was there.
Our sweet catalog photo shoot at the cabin in Cedar City, UTDressed up as Poison Ivy and Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The best costumes of our lives- The Spice Girls! Mary was one hot Ginger
Our Christmas card photo shoot after we got back from Kauai (matching sweaters included)
When we dressed up in grass skirts and leis and went to Kalapaki beach. We were pretending to speak in a different language for fear of people discovering that we actually lived there.
Pics for the Del Sol news letter. I'm pretty sure this was our best one! I'm not sure why we are always wearing matching shirts :)
Our first Sunday in Kauai together
Those "misty mountains" were a favorite topic of ours
Ridiculous poses on the sun station were a common occurrence at Del Sol, Kauai. This girl is flexible!

I love you my Beautiful Mary Darling! I hope you had a Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

  1. Brianna Ranna! Ha ha ha ha you are so sweet! Thank you for the kind words. What a wonderful birthday present. Thank you thank you
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, but can you unblock your blogger with you and your husband Klint?

      Delete
    2. Can you unblock your blog, klintandmary.blogspot.com, please?

      Delete
  2. I love Mary and her husband, Klint! My favorite is when she and her husband have a girls temple night out.

    ReplyDelete