Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Goodbye Chronicles- Part 1

I am no fan of goodbyes. Never have been. I have been saying "goodbye" a lot lately. I don't know why it has all happened at once, but they must be chronicled! I apologize in advance for all of the sappiness that will likely ensue over the next few posts.

So I may be a nerd for blogging about a bike, but this was not just any bike.

This was the bike that I bought my hubby to replace the beloved bike he sold to buy my wedding ring (tear).
This bike was the first major purchase that we made as a couple.
This was the bike that James had been dreaming of for so long that when he first laid eyes on "his very own" I though his mouth would split he smiled so big.
This was the bike that rode James to victory in his first century. (the ULCER)

These are the reasons why it was so hard for me to part with this beauty.

Goodbye old friend. We had some good rides together. We hope your new owner loves you as much as we did!



No comments:

Post a Comment